phpBBhosts Support Center

Get support for your phpbbhosts.co.uk forum here!
It is currently 25 Feb 2017, 23:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please read the following rules
Support forum rules
Your forum rules

Post subject: Frequently Asked Questions
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2008, 23:18 
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Account status: Co-Admin
My forum: http://krb.phpbbhosts.co.uk
FAQ Origionaly Made by Avalon

If you have other questions that you feel should be answered here, please do not hesitate to drop a post and let us know.

Is this a free service?

To create and run a forum for any amount of members, you do not need to pay anything at all. A small advertisement at the top of your forum however, will be placed. Advertisements will have no overall effect on your forum, but can be removed if you wish to pay a small price. There are no hidden charges you will have to pay at a later date. If you wish to obtain a back-up for your forum, these are also available for a small price. It is totally upto you whether or not you wish to remove ads or purchase back-ups.

Do I need to know HTML or other programming languages to create my forum?

You do not need to know any HTML, or any other programming languages at all to set up your free forums. There is an option to include custom BBCodes in your forum if you wish to, and there are tutorials covering the different BBCodes and how to use them in your forum.

What is a BBCode?

Some of you that have created forums before may be aware that BBCodes are similar to HTML, however they are much more secure than HTML. You cannot use custom HTML in phpBB 3.0 and above. Instead, you can replace HTML codes with a BBCode to be used in your forum. Examples of BBCodes allow videos to be included your posts, choose background for different text, change your font face, or text alignment. You can find more information about the different BBCodes available with their HTML replacements in the tutorials forum.

How long will it take me to set up a forum?

Your forum can be on the Internet and publically viewable by anyone in a matter of seconds. If you want to set up a forum, all you need is the name of your forum (which will be included in the URL), a password and username for the Administrator account, an email address for the Administrator account and a short description of your forum. You can also choose a category for you forum, such as Game, Music and School/Eduction but to name a few. Once you have entered these details, the details of the set up will be sent to your email address and you can start using your forum right away.

Do I need my own domain?

The simple answer is, no, you do not need your own domain, although if you choose to have your own domain, you can. When you choose the name of your forum, it will be used in the forum URL like this - http://yourforumname.phpbbhosts.co.uk

Will I have full control when my forum has been set up?

You will have full control of your forum when it is set up. Your will have your own Administrative Control Panel (ACP) and you will control all your users, groups and forums.

How much of our forum needs to be visible to the public?

at least 50% of your posts must be made in a publicly viewable area of your forum, if you wish to have a private forum (not visible to public) you will need to pay a monthly fee using the ad removal upgrade.

What do I get by going Pro?
Everything! you will get ads removed from your forum, unlimited backups, and get everything else on the upgrades page at no extra cost, and you still get the great support you always have had.
For more info See the Go Pro page..

We will add more Frequently Asked Questions as they are asked.

Signed, phpBBhosts Staff.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions
PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 19:02 

My forum: consoleforumchat.freefo.us
Helllo can I change my DNS settings so I can be verified by google! I wish to use a meta code provided by google???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 19:54 
Getting familiar
Getting familiar

Account status: 3
My forum: http://tamednature.phpbbhosts.co.uk
Post deleted.

User got problems with all functionallity on this forum:
favicon
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1277

Backup
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1279

Only if you have your own databse (and datacentre0 you have total freedom for all your software.

Profile E-mail