Anything movies/tv here

Moderators: Support Team, Support Team

Forum rules
Please read the following rules
Support forum rules
Your forum rules

Halo Movie

Postby Rich » 02 Oct 2008, 13:49

The halo movie is going to be made (hopefully), we still haven't received a lot of information but I am deadly looking forward to it! Can't wait to see what kind of script it is or how it is going to be made, what characters are in etc.

What do you all think of it?
Community Team Leader
Please enjoy your stay here with us.

My Forum: Traygon Blog
The home of Rich and fantasticly useful posts.
Rich
Team leader
Team leader

Account status: phpBBhosts Staff

Re: Halo Movie

Postby adcrazy » 03 Oct 2008, 22:40

I think it's gonna be awesome. :D
*Phpbbhosts Forum Tutorials*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Understanding Groups 2. Adding a Counter 3.Adding a Music Playlist
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
adcrazy
Support Team
Support Team

My forum: http://adcrazy.org

Postby Hermiod » 07 Oct 2008, 12:06

I heard that Microsoft pay load of money ensure that they get the writer create a script that is faithful to Halo game. I know that Chief wouldn't reveal his face in the movie like the game :). I want to know if this movie is 2-3 hours long and full of actions.

CLICK THE GATE ADDRESS
Hermiod
Community Team
Community Team

My forum: http://asgard.phpbbhosts.co.uk

Postby adcrazy » 07 Oct 2008, 21:48

Let it end as a surprise for everyone. :)
*Phpbbhosts Forum Tutorials*
1.Understanding Groups 2. Adding a Counter 3.Adding a Music Playlist
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
adcrazy
Support Team
Support Team

My forum: http://adcrazy.org

Postby Rich » 12 Oct 2008, 23:01

Yeah, picked out an Interview from Gaming Daily ;) With script writer and a big Halo fan, Stuart Beattie:

GameDaily BIZ: One of the big riffs about Halo early on from Hollywood producers I’ve spoken with was that the movie borrowed too much from Aliens…

Stuart Beattie: So? There’s a whole school of thought that says, “Brilliant!” (Laughs)

BIZ: Why do you think Microsoft wasn’t able to get this movie off the ground with Peter Jackson attached and 20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures on board?

SB: I wasn’t involved so I don’t know specifically why it fell apart, but I do know Hollywood is a numbers game. There’s certainly going to be an interest in a huge IP like Halo, but there’s going to be a point where the numbers just don’t add up any more. From what I had read, the budget kept going higher and higher and all of the back-ends were going to everyone but the people who were putting up the money to make the movie. And it just got to the breaking point because it was no longer fiscally responsible to make. These movies are a business.

“The audience is trying to figure out everything at the same time as the characters are. What are these aliens? Why are they killing us? What did we do? And realizing it’s all about this Halo ring. And then ending the movie where the first game begins.”

BIZ: Where does your Halo movie fit in with everything?

SB: The Halo movie in its initial incarnation is dead. No one is pursuing it any more. When the writers guild strike hit last year I suddenly had three months to write a Halo script. I always had this vision of doing Halo: The Fall of Reach, which is a prequel to the first game. It sets up a world 500 years in the future and we have colonies, there’s the UNSC, there’s the secret Spartan training program. And you see this six-year-old kid kidnapped in the middle of the night.

BIZ: And where does Master Chief fit into all of this?

SB: The character doesn’t start off as Master Chief. He starts off as John, who’s the kid that’s kidnapped and told he’s going to be a soldier. Anyone can connect with a kid kidnapped from his own home. You’re along for that journey. The Covenant comes along halfway through that movie. That gives you half the movie to really get to know everyone and care about everyone. And then when the Covenant come along, it’s the first time John sees a grunt or a jackal or an elite. The audience is trying to figure out everything at the same time as the characters are. What are these aliens? Why are they killing us? What did we do? And realizing it’s all about this Halo ring. And then ending the movie where the first game begins.

BIZ: What do you think gamers, who’ve been waiting a long time for a Halo movie, will get from your adaptation?

SB: I’ve been waiting a long time, too, as a fan. For fans, it will give a whole new perspective that they’ve never had before. And for non-fans it will introduce a whole new world, a time and a place with interesting characters. They can get into that and then they can go play the games because they know the whole backstory.

BIZ: You’ve talked about John getting kidnapped as a kid and a lot of peaceful time before the attacks. How much action is in your story?

SB: As a Halo fan what I want to see in a Halo movie is Master Chief kicking alien butt and we have plenty of that. But we’ve also got this great story that goes along with it. I always thought that was the way a Halo story should be so when I got time during the strike I decided to put my money where my mouth was. I did a bunch of concept art and boards and animatics. I did a presentation package and contacted Microsoft and Bungie. Joe Statton at Bungie (director of cinematics and writer of the three games) read it and loved it. I wasn’t part of the previous incarnation so I don’t know what they did with that script. But the book they commissioned, Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nyland was a fantastic book.

BIZ: What’s the next step, now that you have a completed script?

SB: We’re now in discussions with Microsoft to see if we can get this made. I’m just a fan and I desperately want to see a Halo movie out there.

BIZ: Are you a go-to guy now in Hollywood for game adaptations?

SB: I get sent a lot of games. I’ve been sent games before that I don’t like and that I’ve turned down because I’m not the right guy for that job. That’s not going to be a good adaptation. You need to love the game. If I haven’t played the game, I say, “Can you give me a year?” I can’t just adapt a game for a film unless I’ve played it and liked it.

BIZ: And you obviously have that passion for the Halo games, right?

SB: At the end of the day you have to really be inspired. It can’t just be a story from the game. Once you go and make the movie that’s two years of your life and you have to be invested in the story. You gotta know you have the right story. I suspect (with the original Halo movie) they didn’t fully have the right story. They had three or four writers on it and that’s usually a sign that they didn’t have a story and they kept going around in circles.

BIZ: Thanks for your time. We hope your film gets made.

Also, check out the following Concept Art of 'Fall Of Reach' looks of the movie script by Stuart Beattie:

How fucking awesome is this gonna be if it gets made? Microsoft are in talks with others about the script and have continued to say 'we want to make it!'.

Reference: http://halo.moviechronicles.com
Community Team Leader
Please enjoy your stay here with us.

My Forum: Traygon Blog
The home of Rich and fantasticly useful posts.
Rich
Team leader
Team leader

Account status: phpBBhosts Staff

Return to Movies/TV