phpBBhosts Support Center

Get support for your phpbbhosts.co.uk forum here!
It is currently 29 Mar 2017, 06:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New to Go Pro
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 06:31 

My forum: http://bdrne.phpbbhosts.co.uk
Hi there

We have recently upgraded to Go Pro and I have a couple of questions please.

Firstly, does the Go Pro fee remove ALL adverts from our forum? If so then something is wrong as we are still getting banner adverts at the top and bottom of each page. Could you advise please?

Secondly, when the forum recently went down (as did many others) we have had access problems for several of our members. These problems seem to be random however. Some are able to access with one device but not another (laptop/phone for example). I myself have no problems with my laptop at home, my iPhone or my iPad but on my work PC - where I have always used Chrome - I can't access our board using Chrome any longer so have had to resort to using two browsers, Chrome for everything else and IE 11 for our board. It's enabling me to access the board but is far from ideal. So my question is how do we clear the problem of logging in and being told "the board has no forums" and denied access over such a random range of devices and members.

We are a dog rescue charity with only a dozen members, none of whom are terribly tech-savvy. We were hoping that by spending £10 month of our charity's donated funds we could get some help. Our board is vital as it holds all the records of the dogs we are rehoming, the adopters and all the historical records. When it was down we were effectively unable to operate and this made us aware of how critical it is to our operations.

Thanks for any input

kirsteen

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New to Go Pro
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 11:30 

My forum: http://moletania.phpbbhosts.co.uk/index.php
Kirsteen, I am having the same issues, although haven't upgraded to Go Pro. Some of my members really struggle with anything computer or tech related and I ended up creating a new account altogether for one person.

I emailed for support but didn't get a response. In the end I managed to contact the Host through his Twitter Account and he did respond quickly, perhaps you could also try this?

https://twitter.com/forumhost

Hope that helps you.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 08:21 
Proud Owner
Proud Owner

Account status: 3. Go Pro User
My forum: forum-xl.nl
support@phpbbhosts.co.uk is also working fine!
I can't give Tech support for your members.

Random problemes for random members somewhere in the world is most of the time not related to the forum.

PHPBBhosts blog

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2014, 21:34 

My forum: http://bdrne.phpbbhosts.co.uk
Thank you, after contact via Twitter and here our Go Pro status seems to have kicked in and we are ad-free.

We have never had any problems like this in the past accessing our board - only in the last few days since the board was down for maintenance!

It is not anything to do with our members' accounts as I can sign in from all my devices but on only one of them (a Dell PC) I cannot sign in on Chrome - which I always was able to before the board went offline. I sign in and then get the error message "the board has no forums" - to solve this issue I had to resort to using IE 11 thereby having two browsers open.

It is no coincidence that this happened after the board had been offline I'm sure. I have cleared the cache on my Chrome browser but the problem persists.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 08:33 
Proud Owner
Proud Owner

Account status: 3. Go Pro User
My forum: forum-xl.nl
Quote:
It is no coincidence that this happened after the board had been offline I'm sure.

I agree.
We have to do it more often.

Not only devices and browser settings are involved.
Also some internet providers use some kind of caching.

Are all your members online now?
(we have thousands of online members daily)

PHPBBhosts blog

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: New to Go Pro
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 13:22 

Hi all,

I am looking at a new interface for Pro Tools 10. Right now I am looking at UAD apollo, RME, Antelope, etc.....that family of interfaces. Any suggestions?

Thanks all

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 14:13 
Look my first post!
Look my first post!

Hey I'm having some issues with it as well. I've tried to contact email address you provided but I'm getting some robot error that the email address is not valid. Is there any other way to contact you? This forum seems a little bit dead :/

Profile E-mail