012 season. The play originated off a lo

012 season. The play originated off a lo

Postby lebaobei123 » 17 Sep 2018, 02:27

OTTAWA - Cody Cecis dream of playing for his hometown NHL team has been given new life. The defenceman was originally recalled by the Ottawa Senators out of necessity, but the 19-year-olds play through three games earned him the opportunity to prove he belongs in the NHL. The Senators announced Tuesday that Cecis status had gone from an emergency recall to a regular recall and say they will carry eight defencemen for the foreseeable future. "Hes played with good poise," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. "Its good to see in a young player that hes able to come in and play that way." The Ottawa native was the hometown hero Monday night, scoring the overtime winner in a 3-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues. "It was just a great feeling for everyone," Ceci said. "Im just happy getting the first one out of the way. It was a great night." Marc Methot, also from Ottawa, says hes been impressed with Cecis composure since he was recalled from the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League. "Hes handled himself so well," Methot said. "Were all real happy for him and hes a bright spot on this hockey club and in the future here." Ceci seems to have a knack for scoring big goals. His two goals with Binghamton this season were overtime winners and his first goal in the Ontario Hockey League was a game winner. But there is little doubt that his first in the NHL is most special. Being given the opportunity to stay in Ottawa is like an early birthday present for Ceci, who turns 20 on Saturday. "That was my goal coming here was that I wanted to make a good impression," Ceci said. "I was just trying to go out there and work my hardest and whatever happened, happened. From here on out I have to work hard to stay here." Ceci was paired with veteran Chris Phillips at Tuesdays practice. Phillips, a player Ceci grew up watching, says he has been impressed with the rookies game and has enjoyed playing with him. "Its good to see him step in and look like he certainly belongs," Phillips said. "Hes played well. Played with confidence and its a pleasure to watch." The Senators have had their share of struggles on the blue-line this season. Too often the defence has been guilty of poor decision-making, which has often resulted in bad goals. But like the rest of the team, it seems to be showing signs of improvement. "We were making mistakes that were costing goals and being strong in our own zone has to be our job first and foremost," Phillips said. "Were supposed to be the guys that are there if there are breakdowns and not the ones causing them. I think theres been a better awareness of that lately thats helped us out." As the teams veteran defenceman, Phillips has been asked to take on a greater leadership role with the younger blue-liners. "You try and say things here and there, but for the most part you want to go out and lead by example," Phillips said. "For me to raise my game and be more accountable makes it a lot easier for them to do that." Mondays win was one of the Senators better efforts of late, but MacLean says the real test is seeing whether or not his team can do it again. "Its another test for us in the same way that it has been all year long," MacLean said. "Do it once, but can you do it twice or more often than that now." The Senators have not won back-to-back games since November 5-9, when they won three straight. The Senators take on the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday. The Devils have had their own share of problems trying to find consistency, going 3-4-0 so far through December. Methot has missed the last three games due to the flu, and while the defenceman feels hes ready to play there is a chance he could sit out Wednesdays game. "Sometimes when you win games if it aint broke dont fix it or dont change it," said MacLean. "Were going to give everyone every consideration to be in the lineup for (Tuesdays) game." Notes: D Erik Karlsson and RW Bobby Ryan were given maintenance days and both are expected to play Wednesday. Robin Lehner will get the start. Joel Iyiegbuniwe Bears Jersey . - Vince Carter, heading into his 17th NBA season, doesnt consider age a big issue anymore. Chicago Bears Jerseys .The ruling takes effect on Jan. 1 and stems from the debate surrounding Paralympic champion Markus Rehm, an amputee who won the national long jump title competing with a carbon-fiber prosthesis. http://www.bearsrookiesproshop.com/jame ... rs-jersey/. "Hopefully well get all this out of the way," he said, "and everyone will be healthy the rest of the year." Zimmerman was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and is expected to miss between four to six weeks. Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey . It was considered unlikely that Rielly would be loaned to Canada for the tournament, which begins Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden, though a stretch of three straight games in the press box made it something of a debate. Allen Robinson Bears Jersey . The 7-foot-1 Hawes, who is in the final year of his contract, is averaging 13 points and 8.5 rebounds, both career highs, and shoots 40 per cent from 3-point range. The 25-year-old Hawes is in his seventh NBA season. VANCOUVER -- Kenny Miller made good on a pressure packed do-over to keep the Vancouver Whitecaps unbeaten. Millers goal on a penalty kick in the 58th minute gave the Whitecaps a 2-1 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Saturday. He had to re-take the spot kick, after being successful on the first one, because teammate Darren Mattocks was still in the 18-yard box when Miller put the ball into the net. "It was a little tougher when youve scored the first one, and its easy after a miss," said Miller. "But sometimes that happens. It was a little bit of encroachment there. Sometimes, the referees dont make you take it again. But I was fortunate enough to put it in." The penalty kick was awarded after Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie was called for a hand ball in the box in the 56th minute. The Whitecaps improved their record to 2-0-2 in the young season before a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium. The Dynamo (2-1-0) suffered their first loss. "I dont think you could ask for much more (to start the season)," said Miller. He scored what proved to be the winning goal as he put the hosts ahead 2-0 with his spot kick, rolling a shot into the right corner of the net. He had put his first penalty-kick attempt over Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall. "(Miller), obviously, has got a cool head (to score on) the second penalty," said Vancouver rookie head coach Carl Robinson. "The first (penalty kick) was driving me mad. I just prayed that hed put it in, and he did. Hes a very clever player and a very cool character, so Im delighted for (Miller) but delighted for all the guys." Jordan Harvey, in the 14th minute, also scored for the Whitecaps while Ricardo Clark, in the 75th, was the lone Houston marksman. "I think we got the result we deserved," said Robinson. "But we showed a lot of heart and character in todays performance." The Whitecaps effectively negated Dynamo striker Will Bruin, who had shared the MLS scoring lead after netting three goals in his clubs first two games to start the season. "I thought we did okay. We just came out on the wrong end of the result," said Houston coach Dominic Kinnear. Harvey, a left back, gave the Whitecaps a 1-0 lead as he bounced Andy OBriens header past Hall. The assist was the first point in MLS for OBrien, a central defender, who joined the Whitecaps midway through the 2012 season. The play originated off a long cross from the left flank by Pedro Morales. "I like to think I can contribute, not just with assists and things like that," said OBrien. "But Im pleased that I could contribute on the goal." After assisting on the goal, OBrien made several timely defensive plays with some key plays and a blocked cross that he took in the groin. He lay on the ground briefly but continued to play well after. Houston started with a charge and forced Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted to knock a Giles Barnes header over the crossbar in the first minute.ddddddddddddBut that was the only attempt Houston put on net in the first half. Afterwards, aside from getting back-to-back corner kicks in the eighth minute -- the second of which Ousted leaped out to catch -- the Dynamo rarely penetrated a staunch Whitecaps defence. On the other hand, Hall was forced to make three saves in the first half, including two on Morales. The second stop on Morales came in stoppage time and prevented the Whitecaps from going into halftime with a bigger lead and considerable confidence. The Dynamo again attempted to get off to a strong start in the second half, but the Caps held them off fairly easily as Robinson switched to a diamond-shaped midfield that he had not used previously. "The system that we played today gave us more options when we had the ball," said OBrien. "It exposed the channel areas for (Mattocks) to run into, and hes not the guy that you want to be chasing with the ball a as a defender." Vancouvers penalty kick was awarded after Mattocks tried to deke Sarkodie a few yards inside the Houston box. Sarkodie fell and swept his arm out, getting a hand on the ball. Clark pulled the Dynamo within a goal as he headed home a Brad Davis free kick. But the Whitecaps managed to hold Houston off the scoreboard the rest of the way as Robinson made substitutions to keep his attackers fresh and the defenders and midfielders remained solid in their play. "Were going to concede goals, but its about how you bounce back and we didnt look (like we were) under any pressure," said Robinson. "They pushed time after time, and theyre a big, physical team, but while they were putting bigger players on, I was putting smaller players on." Morales, a 28-year-old Chilean midfielder who is in his first season with the Whitecaps, continued to draw rave reviews from his coach and teammates for his vision and passing ability. He now has a goal and two assists in his first four MLS career games. "Hes a joy to watch, he really is, and I think hes a joy to play with as well," said Robinson. "He just gives us a different dimension to our team." Notes: The Whitecaps honoured retired defender Y.P. Lee before the game. The former Korean international was presented with a photo of himself and his two children, taken prior to the final game of his career last season. Lee continues to live in Vancouver and works with the Whitecaps business operations while pursuing his education. a The game marked a rare time when a female official, Felisha Mariscal of Chula Vista., Calif., served as an assistant referee in an MLS contest. Mariscals brothers Apolinar (Polo) and Eduardo, who are twins, are also soccer officials. a Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit played the whole game a week after Robinson kept him at home to rest while the Caps earned a draw in Philadelphia. a Vancouver midfielder Gershon Koffie was solid in place of the injured Nigel Reo-Coker (concussion.) Cheap Chargers Hoodies Cheap Browns Hoodies Cheap Texans Hoodies Cheap Ravens Hoodies Cheap Panthers Hoodies Cheap Jets Hoodies Cheap Titans Hoodies Cheap Chiefs Hoodies Cheap Bills Hoodies Cheap Colts Hoodies Cheap Cardinals Hoodies Cheap Buccaneers Hoodies Cheap Rams Hoodies Cheap Jaguars Hoodies Cheap Falcons Hoodies Cheap Bengals Hoodies ' ' '
lebaobei123
Getting familiar
Getting familiar

Return to Newly registered users